This Privacy Notice sets out what personal information Creative & Productive (“Creative & Productive”, “we”, “us”, “our”) collects and how that information is processed when you visit the websites located at www.creativeandproductive.com (“the Website”) and/or the services provided from the Website (“Services”).
This Privacy Notice describes, in a clear and (hopefully!) accessible way, how Creative & Productive complies with data protection legislation. This includes the purposes and legal basis for each type of processing, any transfers or third party recipients of personal information, and the timescales for storing and processing them. This Policy also outlines your rights and obligations regarding data protection.
This Privacy Notice applies to all website visitors, students, alumni, subscribers and anyone else about whom Creative & Productive may have reasons to collect and process data, including personal information, either online and/or offline.
Creative & Productive is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We only collect personal information necessary to provide the services that you requested, the use of your personal information will not be excessive and we take reasonable security measures to protect it.
If we require your consent for any specific use of your personal information, we will collect it at the appropriate time and you can withdraw it at any time.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties under any circumstances or use your personal information to carry out any wholly automated decision-making that affects you.
This Privacy Statement applies only to this website. For example, it does not apply to banners, advertisements or promotions we may sponsor or participate in on websites owned by third parties. Other websites linking to or from this website may have different policies and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. You should read any other applicable privacy policies carefully before using other websites.
Under Data Protection law, you have the following rights:
- to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- to access the personal information we hold about you
- to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- to request we delete your personal information, or stop processing/collecting it
- to withdraw consent to receiving marketing communications from us
- to request we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- to complain to your data protection regulator
- to request information about the reasoning behind any automated decision
Information is crucial to ensuring we can understand, tailor, and deliver the best content and services to you. It helps us operate as efficiently as possible and to make sure our interactions with you are timely and relevant to you. To do this, we may collect information about you when you:
- visit our website
- subscribe to our newsletters
- access our free offerings
- participate in our competitions
- register for an event hosted by us
- attend an open day or school tour
- enroll in/register for a course
- enquire about a course
- engage with us, for example on social media, chat and via email
Some data will be collected automatically, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to us using it for the purposes set out in the section below.
Depending upon your use of the Website, we may collect some or all of the following data:
- IP address (automatically collected),
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected),
- Operating system (automatically collected),
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected),
- Location, at city level (automatically collected),
- Contact information such as email addresses, social media handles and telephone numbers,
- Business/company name,
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests,
- Financial information such as Paypal/Stripe username.
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- responding to communications from you,
- supplying our products and services to you,
- sending you newsletters you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time through the link included in each newsletter),
- market research,
- providing and managing your account,
- providing and managing your access to the Website,
- personalizing and tailoring your experience on the Website,
- analyzing your use of the Website and,
- gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve the Website and your user experience.
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the products and services we can provide you without your consent for us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
All users can request to see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time by sending an email to that effect to support(at)creativeandproductive.com, including their email address (and username when applicable) so that their request can be processed.
We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described in the above section, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
We will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data.
Creative & Productive uses external providers to process, store and back-up our data. We also use cloud data storage. Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) by these external providers. You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using the Website and submitting information to us.
When we store or transfer data through external providers located outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between us and any third parties we engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing.
In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We currently contract with:
- Automattic (including their WordPress, Jetpack and VaultPress products)
- Theme Fusion (including their Avada Theme for WordPress)
- Google (including their Google Analytics product)
- Teachable and Kajabi (for online courses)
- MailChimp (for newsletters and marketing campaigns)
- Support Hero (for the searchable knowledge database tool)
- Sumo (including their King Sumo product to run online contests)
We may compile statistics about the use of the Website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstan