We talked a lot about music admin and licensing in today’s Q&A.
Almost all my answers revolved around keeping things simple.
- saving time on metadata,
- an easy way to think about loudness levels,
- using libraries to leverage your band’s website instead of starting from scratch,
- simple house-keeping for stem files, ISRC numbers, and other admin joys, and
- the one question I ask myself before I sign a licensing deal.
We also talked about using loops and virtual instruments and how that might affect our licensing opportunities.
All in under 32 minutes!
If there’s a topic you’d like me to talk about in more detail, let me know in the comments.
Resources mentioned during the live session:
- Kid3 Audio Tagger
- SimilarWeb Chrome Extension to Evaluate Online Traffic
- 7 Questions I Ask Myself When I Look At A Music Library
Have a question for me?