Today, we answered these questions:
• Is it largely a waste of time trying to license tracks if you don’t have instrumental versions, alt mixes and stem files?
• Is it worthwhile trying to hit up music supervisors through LinkedIn?
• Should you only send your strongest material to licensing opportunities?
• How can you master your songs for an affordable price?
• What’s the form you need to register groups of songs – published or unpublished – with the U.S. Copyright Office?
• If you’re 100% focused on licensing, do you really need to release your sound recordings?
• Is having your music on Spotify compatible with licensing?
• Is it expected that stem files sound crappy compared to the full mix?
• Should stem files contain silence when an instrument doesn’t play the full song or should you crop and edit the track to take out the silence?
Resources mentioned during the live session:
Have a question for me?
The next Live Q&A will be on….
Thursday 12 September at 12pm EST